Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Been Busy!

I realize it's been a good long while since I've posted dear readers, and I do apologize for the lapse. Turns out graduate school is harder than college (go figure) and staying on top of everything has occupied almost all of my attention. I have found time to keep reviewing videogames however! I have been writing for Georgia Tech's school paper, The Technique, and if you are so inclined you can read my take on Civ V, Reach, and Monday Night Combat. Just this morning, I finished writing about the indie smash-hit Minecraft, (tl;dr: buy it) but it probably won't be posted until Friday. Something to look forward to.

Actually, given the season, the picture is surprisingly appropriate.

If you simply can't wait, there are a couple of my academic projects you can check out. I will be posting on Georgia Tech's Newsgames blog periodically and my first article examining the decline of the editorial cartoon should be up for reads soon. I've also started an affair with Wordpress in the form of Speculative Technology & Designs, a blog chiefly concerned with Nanotechnology that should demonstrate what I am learning about digital media and design. Turns out this site is all kinds of ugly!

That said, I am absolutely not abandoning Sarcasmancy. I will endeavor to post something up here at least once a month! I'll be weighing in on Red Dead Redemption, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell and possibly Plainscape: Torment soon, so please be patient a little longer and thank you for your readership. You sustain me!

No comments: